" "

Please delete reported posts

Please delete reported posts

Postby Jo-Anne » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:25 pm

Please could the moderators and/or administrators act promptly on the posts that are being reported. Allowing these to remain on the site must be really confusing for new members! as well as increasing my anxiety levels just a little bit.
Jo-Anne

Re: Please delete reported posts

Postby pamela » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:22 pm

Jo-Anne I havent seen or heard from a moderator in ages..its like we are on our own
pamela

Postby Jo-Anne » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Hi Pamela.....they have sent me a couple of private messages saying they are working on a solution to the unethical posts. I have reported some more that have not been deleted yet! Once they deleted my report but not the actual post??!!

However I too am getting a little concerned that the counselling support here is getting a little ad hoc lately. When I look back to last year, I can see so much more moderator input. It is such a shame.....I have already put my two cents in with the VRG Foundation and I thought that may change things. Two new moderators have joined but only posted a couple of times each. I really hate to make this public here, but I have tried other more direct ways which have not improved things. As you say......we feel alone, and as this site is being funded, it does not seem that fair to tell you the truth. We do have each other which is so helpful and we have this fantastic forum so let's hope that many others will be assisted here in the future :)
Jo-Anne

Postby pamela » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:58 am

Absolutely Jo-Anne..we are doing a great job on our own but sometimes I feel cheated that we are doing all the hard work without some input from the moderators..however.I am doing ok and so are you without it so I will continuevto post here and give and get the support I need to stay gamble free
pamela

Postby Miette (facilitator) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:09 am

Hi Jo-Anne and Pamela,

We really appreciate your concern. thank you for your feedback. We have had some organisational changes and as you have noticed moderation has not been as consistent as it has in the past. This is something that we take seriously, and we are working on rectifying this problem currently. We understand the need for consistency and support.
We would like to thank you for your ongoing support, encouragement and discussion in the forum. You enhance the experience of others members, and help to uphold a supportive and open community. It is really great to see the inspiration and backing that is provided.
Thank you, and we wish you all the best on your journey.
Miette.
Miette (facilitator)

Postby Jo-Anne » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:08 am

Hi Miette...We really appreciate your prompt response. Thank you for letting us know what is happening with the online support team. I understand staffing and funding pressures will affect things from time to time. I'm sure a facilitator comment will really help the members, along with peer support, and may keep them coming back to the forum as long as they need to.

Many thanks for deleting those posts as well. They seem to start popping up on the weekend when they know it is a vulnerable time for people (and they won't be deleted over the weekend)

Many thanks again Miette and I appreciate your encouragement and support :)
Jo-Anne

Postby Miette (facilitator) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:23 am

Thank you Jo-Anne. I agree with you, comments can really provide that supportive nature for new and existing members - and it is important for both facilitators and peer support to be upheld.

Your active participation is very much valued - thank you!! It is such a shame that not everyone uses these forums for the right reasons, it is frustrating and disrespectful when inappropriate posts pop-up! I acknowledge how triggering this may be, particularly in vulnerable times. Thank you for taking the time to flag them.

Thank you again Jo-Anne, your contribution is fantastic.
Have a lovely weekend :)
Miette.
Miette (facilitator)

Return to Feedback on Services