" "

Thank you & a couple of concerns

Thank you & a couple of concerns

Postby Jo-Anne » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Hi GHO I am very impressed with this Forum and have gained a lot from becoming a member, so thank you for providing this great resource.

I do have a couple of points that I would like to raise that I am a little concerned about.......

There are family members posting on the site who are in great need of support. I have been trying to comfort them as best I can, however am not really qualified so I mostly refer them to the Helpline. What I am concerned about is that I have not seen a facilitator comment for ages. I'm sure some support and advice would really assist. I understand that the forum is for peer support, however while there is considerable peer support for those of us recovering problem gamblers, there does not seem to be same for the family members. I feel comfortable to a point commenting on their posts, however as a problem gambler, I consider myself unqualified to advise.

My second concern is that there needs to be moderation of posts from those who are obviously posting to attach undesirable links to their signatures. I have reported two of these via the contact form and they were deleted, thank you. I also reported a two more via the report function within the forum a week ago, and the posts are still there. Is there an easy solution to this problem, as it could be detrimental to people on this site who are really working hard to stop gambling.

Many thanks again
Jo-Anne

Re: Thank you & a couple of concerns

Postby pamela » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:57 am

Hi Jo-Anne..I totally agree..I havent seen any support or comments from a facilitator for quite awhile and I too feel unqualified to help those who are having more serious problems
pamela

Postby Jo-Anne » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:57 am

Hi Pamela.....thanks for adding your comments and support. I hope that we see a response soon. :) :)
Jo-Anne

Postby pamela » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:51 am

We can only hope so Jo-Anne☺😊
pamela

Postby Jo-Anne » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:35 pm

This is now being sorted so we should not be seeing any "advertising" related posts. If you do happen to see a post that is looking dodgy, especially if there are links at the bottom in their signatures......please report them by clicking on the little report icon (triangle) left of the quote icon at the top right hand side of the post. Many thanks
Jo-Anne

Postby Shirley (facilitator) » Sun May 01, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi guys,

I just wanted to say thank-you to all who are supporting and contributing to the forum. We are listening to your concerns about the moderation and we want you to know that we take them seriously. GH is undergoing some changes ATM and while we are doing our best to check in, we hope to have a full time moderator on board very soon. In the meantime if you have any concerns, suggestions and / or feedback please don't hesitate to speak up. We truly do value your insights as senior members and welcome any of your insights so that we can all make this forum a great place to be.

Warm wishes,

Shirley (Moderator)
Shirley (facilitator)

Postby pamela » Sun May 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Thanks Shirley..we do a good job of helping each other here but sometimes we need professional direction which has been lacking
pamela

Postby Lillian » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:18 pm

:confused:
To those running the service I wonder if housekeeping issues between moderators/facilitators or peer support staff should be "hidden" from the public. It may be viewed as disharmony and I am sure from the content on this forum that you are united in the common cause.
I find the support of value and frpm reading a number of othet posts can see that many continue to be in great need.
Lillian

Return to Feedback on Services