" "

It's a frightening addiction

Is someone you care about experiencing issues with gambling? Come in here to discuss your concerns and get some helpful tips.

Re: It's a frightening addiction

Postby Devastated69 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:04 pm

Just wanted to add, that there is no point to me getting a qualification as a counsellor to help as I have a criminal record and have been told i cant gain employment in many different agencies that offer counselling to gamblers, so this is my way of trying to help.
Devastated69

Postby Ami » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:47 pm

I think it's a man thing. Jumping from knowing he needs help and accepting it and then thinking he is strong enough to do it alone.
Last week he was ready for concealing and the other day he said he didn't need it.
Oh well, I do. So I'm going to organize it for myself and hope he follows my decision.
The only place we can get help is currently not in full service from flooding in this r building. So all their councilors have moves and times are canged which don't suit us or mainly him. He works an 8:30-5 job and works 7 days.
So it's hard to leave work. The evening concealing session isn't going atm either. So tat makes it hard.
Ami

Postby Ami » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:52 pm

I jst want to say of course it sounds one sided.
I'm the one telling the story which is only one side of it all. :confused:
Ami

Postby pamela » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi Ami..you have to do what is right for you..counselling can be so beneficial so get some whenever you can so you can put some strategies into place..all the best
pamela

Postby Ami » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:50 pm

I've had a councilor signed to me and my first meeting is Tuesday arvo.
They have been trying to get in contact with my bf with no luck. He can't awanswer his phone at work and he hasn't called back.....Ggrrr
But we shall see what happens on his end. Im concerned about my current power bill to pay and grocery shopping with only $40 in my account. Rego is on its way too. I'm freaking
Ami

Postby pamela » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:35 am

Hi Ami..the councellor will be able to guide you..I really hope you can sort everything out
pamela

Postby Simon » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:09 am

Hi Amy,

How did you go with the counsellor on Tuesday afternoon?
Simon

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:42 am

Hey there Ami,

You can contact each service provider that you have bills for and apply for deferred payment or part payment under special circumstances. Maybe if you contact the Helpline they may be able to assist you with what needs to be done in your State. Keep calm Ami. All strength to you Ami.
Peter

Postby annie » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:17 pm

You have done what you can and now you're on here maybe you can get him to take the 100 day challenge because that's what helped me most. He might need counselling too do he can talk to someone objective. lol
annie

Postby Ami » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi everyone.
I wish that I could update you all on good news. But I don't have many. Umm my first meeting with the councilor was good. She helped me get home to see my mum for her bday and also got me onto some financial help.
My bf eventually met his councilor as well. But it seems things are moving so slow. He has since been self excluded from the pokies but has found himself on gambeling websites. Blew over half his tax return. I won't get into that.
Today I came home from work and he was home, he said he was supposed to end it all today because he had taken money from his boss over many weeks that added up to $7000 he tells me. Over a few hours we went from crying to him breaking up With me. He does that. Pushes me away to try and save me.
So I'm hoping I can see my councilor with him tomorrow or his. Who cares. I need advice I need options.
I don't want to get into details atm. It's all to raw atm. And I'm so scared. He is terrified he will lose his job. He said if that happens his life is over.
I can't believe he has done this to us.
I just want to be alone. He has gone to bed I'm in the lounge. I may sleep out here. This is *****
Ami

PreviousNext

Return to For Family and Friends