" "

Is he ready?

Is someone you care about experiencing issues with gambling? Come in here to discuss your concerns and get some helpful tips.

Is he ready?

Postby DesperateWife » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:51 am

I found out over the weekend that my husband has a gambling problem. He didn’t tell me - I found out. I was clearing out a set of drawers and found suspicious bank statements. When I confronted him about he, he still tried to lie but eventually told me he’s been addicted for ten years. We only got married this February.

I feel like my whole world has been turned upside down. My trust in him has been completely shattered. I want to be there to support him but I have a constant fear that he’s just lying to me and is going to keep doing it behind my back. I’m so terrified.
DesperateWife

Re: Is he ready?

Postby Wenna (facilitator) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi Desperatewife,
Welcome to the forum, this is a good place to share your thoughts and emotions when things are tough. It can be really challenging when you find out a partner has been gambling and it is also understandable that you feel like the trust between the two of you has been damaged. It may be a good time to think about some strategies to ensure your finances are secured against your husband continuing to gambling.
Wenna (facilitator)

Re: Is he ready?

Postby DesperateWife » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi Wenna. Thanks for the reply. Have definitely started protecting the finances. He’s showed me his secret accounts and has agreed to give me the login information so I can monitor things. If I need to I’ll get myself added to his accounts so I have more control but I’m worried his debt could damage my credit rating which could be bad for the both of us.
DesperateWife

Return to For Family and Friends