" "

Help with online betting systems

Is someone you care about experiencing issues with gambling? Come in here to discuss your concerns and get some helpful tips.

Help with online betting systems

Postby Madmum » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:17 am

Hi, I am wondering how the online betting systems work, eg. Sportsbet
My husband has asked me to verify an account for him with my licence and credit card because it is linked to a bank account of mine.
Is this standard practice with these online betting companies?
I have no idea about betting and I'm wondering whether he has been blocked or something and that's why he's using me to open a new account.
I am concerned about his gambling. I believe he is in denial about it. I'm not sure he is being 100% honest with me and I'm scared I'm doing the wrong thing here.
Madmum

Re: Help with online betting systems

Postby User 586eee5282d07 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:55 am

Hi madmum, i just tried to post a reply but not sure what happened! !! My demons are pokier machines so i am not sure how the on line gambling works. I am sure some other members will post with some better information and suggestions than me.

It sounds as if you are in tough place. If youha e already given your verification detials i would do what i could to transfer fu ds to another account to keep them safe. Us gamblers can be cunning manipulators ( sad but true) when it comes to gambling. In the end it needs to be your husbands decision to stop but in the meantime you need to protect yourself financially. Try and call the 1800 number to speak with a counselor.

We are here for you if you want to post. Good luck

Sandra
User 586eee5282d07

Postby Madmum » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:24 am

Thank you Sandra. I appreciate your honesty and wish you all the best
Madmum

Postby annnie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi & welcome,

I agree with Sandra, there may be a good reason for the inability to use his account and if so it can be fixed some way or another but not through your bank account. Protect your finances. It is your right not to be involved in that way , gambling causes so much destruction in many ways, be on guard. Good Luck & hope all goes well..

Take care
annnie

Postby blastoise (facilitator) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi Madmum,

I echo what the others have said. Giving him access to your money and licence makes you accountable if something happens to his account. Similarly, I would also be wondering why he isn't using his own account and licence, which is a concern. Have you mentioned that the gambling is a concern for you? If so, what does he say? Do you think he is ready to change?

I would recommend seeking some advice. Gamblers Helpline can support you and is anonymous 1800 858 858. You can call and make inquiries. And if your husband is comfortable to, it would be a good time to get him to call them.

Let us know how you go, and know that we will support you where we can on here

Blastoise
blastoise (facilitator)

Postby Madmum » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:34 am

Thanks, I think he is denial about his gambling habit. He has spoken to a gamblers help counsellor in the past but not much comes of it.
What constitutes a gambling habit??
I just know I have a bad feeling in my gut about it and I don't think he's being honest with me. He wants me to ignore my intuition and trust him. I've rung to get myself some counselling in person, waiting for someone to get back to me.
Madmum

Postby blastoise (facilitator) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:36 pm

HI Madmum,

You raise a most interesting question - when do we call it a habit? When we see the financial impact, the impact on others, or our work?

What do others think?

I'ts great that you are seeking support for yourself. You can see a gambling counsellor yourself as an affected other, so let me know how this goes. Trust your intuition, it that your husband is lying, but you need to make yourself top priority before anyone else.

Keep up the good work

Blastoise
blastoise (facilitator)

Postby Nathan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:50 am

Hi Madmum

I'm new to this forum and you might not read this, but I thought I'd give my experience with these websites. Most of the time sites like these wont close your account if you ask, they will just suspend it. You must tell them to close account permanently because you have a gambling problem. When this occurs your account is closed, by doing so you are normally banned from their sister sites as well. It's possible your partner has banned himself and has now re-opened a new account but under your name perhaps? Hope everything gets sorted.

All the best,
Nathan
Nathan

Postby goldlotus711 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:11 am

hi madam, as i know some gambler dont want use real their info because for safety that's why your husband borrow your infor and your credit card to creat a new account to play gambling, but you dont worry, coz as my experience almost famous hourses have a secure platform for customer's info quite good, so you no need too worry about that! but dont let your husband play gambling a lot yah!
goldlotus711

Postby blastoise (facilitator) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi Nathan,

Good advice for everyone to know about the account being suspended and not closed unless you specify the issue with gambling.

Welcome to the forum!

Blastoise
blastoise (facilitator)

Next

Return to For Family and Friends