" "

Diary to recovery

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!

Diary to recovery

Postby Keeton » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:12 pm

It's been 6 days since my last bet and feeling good. I find that I am enjoying things more now because I am just keeping busy so I don't think about gambling.

Played some Sudoku to Day on my iPad which was awesome as It gives the same sense of escape and challenge that the pokies were giving me. I played for about 40 mins just on the same game (it was a difficult one) but not finished yet. I am going to get a book from the library about sudoku so I can get some techniques to use.

Feeling good today.

Ready to chill out for rest of night.

Til next time,

Keeton
Keeton

Re: Diary to recovery

Postby Keeton » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:16 pm

Things I am grateful for

My Friends
My Family,
My Car,
Music videos because they are awesome.
Books
My Mother because she has supported me through tough times,
My pet dogs because they give me unconditional love no matter what I do or if I gamble.
Keeton

Re: Diary to recovery

Postby Calvin (facilitator) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Hello Keeton,

I'm Calvin, one of the facilitators here on Gamblers Help Online.
It is great to hear that you have substituted your gambling for a pleasurable activity that does not involve money.
Writing a list of what you are grateful for is also useful as it can help keep you grounded and can also encourage others on the forums to involve themselves in their own gratitude list.
If you ever need further support, do not hesitate to call gamblers helpline on 1800 858 858 where they can provide you with gambling counselling over the phone and provide a referral to a face to face gambling counsellor.

Keep up the great work!

Regards,

Calvin.
Calvin (facilitator)

Return to Your Diary of Recovery