" "

Merry go round

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!

Merry go round

Postby Cazza » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:32 am

Hi, today is my day one. Dreading the conversation this morning regarding the money lost again. Have been reading posts on here for the last few weeks, knowing that I needed to join and get some help. Have handed over my cards to my husband and will start looking at GA meetings in my area. Am completely over feeling like this
Cazza

Re: Merry go round

Postby Mona58 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:21 pm

Welcome to the forum Cazza'

Keep reading and posting. It is a tough ride at the beginning as you know. Stay Strong and fight those urges ... its' worth it for the peace of mind.

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby flipper (facilitator) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi Cazza,

Again, welcome to the forums- I'm Flipper one of the Gambling Help Online moderators. It's easy to beat ourselves up after a loss, but in most cases a loss is what motivates us to change, because why would anyone stop a habit if the payoffs are outweighing any consequences? So, hold on to some of that negative feeling so that you remember why you want to stop gambling, but also be proud of yourself for the steps you are now taking in the right direction. You have joined a forum to share yours and others experiences, you've confided in your husband and given him control over your finances for the time being, and now you are preparing to attend a GA meeting. I'm wondering whether you would consider seeing a face to face gambling counsellor as well? Having as many supports and strategies in place as possible, better prepares us for overcoming this cycle!

I hope the forums help you on your journey,
Flipper
flipper (facilitator)

Postby Cazza » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:33 pm

Thanks Mona and flipper. Has been a weird day. Been out with the family which has been great but feeling slightly numb as well. Spent most of yesterday reading peoples stories on the forum and as most of us notice how similar each others lives are when we are gambling
I am feeling relief that it's finally out in the open but slightly panicky at the thought of giving up my access to all money.
Have had a massive headache for the whole day but think that is i keep finding myself clenching my jaw constantly. Only day 2 so am not expecting this is going to be easy in the slightest
Cazza

Return to Your Diary of Recovery