" "

Anxiety

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!

Anxiety

Postby FG » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:31 am

Sitting at home this morning feeling some anxiety by external factors that I won’t go into and some of it from the desire to gamble . Why ? I have no idea because I am not going to gamble , I don’t want to gamble and anyway I don’t have the cash to gamble . I have $54 in my wallet which I could muck around with on the horses maybe turn it in to $100 , eventually my bets increase in value to try and win something decent bingo $54 down the drain . I could borrow a few hundred to have a decent bet which I will eventually lose but still will have to pay back so that’s not on my agenda . Going to do some reading maybe play a tune or two on the mandolin and ride it out . I’ve been through this anxiety thing before with another addiction ( 3 Years no booze ) so I am aware time will eventually do the trick . I wish you all well on your individual journeys in 2018 .
Kind Regards FG ( F@#$-%Gambling )
FG

Re: Anxiety

Postby Jeddie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:23 am

Hi FG, well done and keep going strong. Perhaps those places/people that you can borrow from with ease should be told not to lend money to you under any situation. .
You seem to have it all sorted tho 😀
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:25 am

Its the withdrawals as you know.

Read about surfing the urge. It was like that for me and many others. We don't want to gamble anymore but "demon" is testing us. Do whatever you can to ignore the urge:-keep busy... go for walk... play happy music!

Most important don't let the demon win... You be the winner by not gambling.

Making changes In our life is important ... eventually life's "external" factors become less bothersome and do not have the same impact as it would if we were grumpy after a Gambling binge. Gambling Was an escape for many of us ... but we know it only made things worse.

Stay strong...
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:14 pm

... and congrats on the 3 'years !
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Return to Your Diary of Recovery