" "

Going ok

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!

Going ok

Postby fray » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Hi all,

I have gambled since i was 12 years old. I am now 40.

I have been gamble free for 9 days.
Reading other life stories on here puts everything in perspective, we have all rowed that same boat in one way or another.

I find myself reading post after post to see how things are going and how people deal with yhis dreaded disease.

This is the first time i have ever wanted to give up, it has destroyed me financially bit finally i have had enough.

Day 9 GF and going strong.

Dabo
fray

Re: Going ok

Postby Jeddie » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:47 am

Well Done Fray, keep reading and gaining strength from us all here. It does become easier.
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby FG » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:50 am

It’s a similar story here fray , started at around thirteen or fourteen and it’s been downhill from there . I’ve lost count of the times I swore that I would never gamble again only to start again the minute I could get my hands on cash . It’s a terrible cycle to be stuck in . This time I’m finished , I intend doing whatever it takes to put an end to this once and for all one day at a time for however long it takes . All the best to you on your journey .
Regards FG ( F #$@%Gambling )
FG

Postby Mona58 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:57 am

Well done Dabo ',

Congrats on 9 days.

Stay Strong and keep thinking how good life is without gambling.

Mona in day 75 GF
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby fray » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:55 pm

Thanks everyone for your support, back to day 1 for me, kicking myself.

Paid couple of weeks rent and was short for other bills, as a gambler does i gave in to my thought and tried to turn 300 into 500 just to cover the bills.

Stupid right. Now as per usual, worse off again.

I need to seperate myself from money, hard though as money has dropped over xmas period.

Absolutely disgusted in myself.

Has anyone had experience with a financial councillor due to gambling and what was the outcome for you.

Thinking of entering a Part IX agreement.

Dabo
fray

Postby Mona58 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Sorry to hear that Dabo.

That is the difficulty with breaking through the habit. We need to constantly tell ourselves there is NO winning in gambling. The only way we Win is by NOT gambling.

l haven't experience with the financial counsellor . but from posts they are really helpful and able to negotiate with financial institutions to lower payments or interest rates.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Return to Your Diary of Recovery