" "

Gambling Relapse Study: Understanding factors that are related to relapse for with gambling concerns

Stay on top of cutting edge gambling research and browse new opportunities to get involved!

Gambling Relapse Study: Understanding factors that are related to relapse for with gambling concerns

Postby RobL » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Hello everyone

Participating in gambling research can be a fun and insightful experience.

Deakin University is conducting a study to investigate which factors help people reduce or stop their gambling behaviour.

If you are currently working on reducing or stopping your gambling, and you live in Australia,we would like you to take part in our study. Your participation will help us to determine which factors are relevant to treatment programs for people who are experiencing problems with their gambling.

You are under no obligation toparticipate in this study. Participation is strictly voluntary.

RobL

RE: Gambling Relapse Study: Understanding factors that are related to relapse for with gambling concerns

Postby Bull » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi Rob.

Sounds interesting, I have left my details on your phone number!
Bull

RE: Gambling Relapse Study: Understanding factors that are related to relapse for with gambling concerns

Postby Nicki » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi Rob, Will I be anonymous in your study?

N
Nicki

Postby Bull » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi Nicki

I'm booked in for the study. I've done a few of these in past and every single time I was anonymous. They have to make it anonymous by law.

Unless this is something different RobL?
Bull

Postby RobL » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:07 pm

Nicki (10/01/2013)Hi Rob, Will I be anonymous in your study?

N

Hello Nicki

Your data will absolutely be confidential. In fact, after your participation in the study is complete, nobody (not even myself) will be able to link your results to you.

As Bull said you will have to sign a consent form. There is also a statement informing you of every aspect of the study so you know what you're getting yourself into. We're completely up front and you can pull out at any time you want too.

Feel free to send me an email to [email="rlear@deakin.edu.au"]rlear@deakin.edu.au[/email] or respond here if you want more info
RobL

Postby Redav » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:29 am

sounds interesting robl i might email you
Redav

Postby Jason2 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi, I am thinking I've missed this - given the posting was in dec. I would be very interested in the study's findings report.

could you keep us updated on any repeat study and on where we can read (and benefit from) the findings of this research.

thanks.

Jason2

Re: Gambling Relapse Study: Understanding factors that are r

Postby zeus » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:44 pm

HI Rob,

Sounds interesting, i might email you.
zeus

Return to Research