" "

Scratchies

Discuss and debate the latest hot topics in gambling politics and media.

Scratchies

Postby Dave68 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:27 pm

REad a little article saying that in Victoria, they are reducing the major prize in scratchies from $25,000 to just $500. But i think again it highlights how silly these even are, and how they are kind of like pokies in their crazy miniscule chance of winning.

So for the $1 scratchie you had a 1 in 1,500,000 chance of winning the top prize of $25,000...now they said maybe it will be 50 $500 prizes. So now we have a 1 chance in 300,000 of winning $500.

Yep, that makes sense doesn't it. And it again makes me think of my pokie playing, where aside from one instance of getting five Georges on a payline netting $100 for a 10c bet, i never got the five wild symbols on a payline despite millions of spins. The maximum payout on a machine i played was the 30,000 credits on Big ben, or $300 for a 1-credit bet.

Millions of spins for a chance to win $300.....and i never even got it once. Looking at the maths for pokies and gambling like this just adds more reinforcement as to why i can never go back to it, and why we should just try to stay away from it. We cannot win in the long run.
Dave68

Re: Scratchies

Postby pamela » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:10 am

So true Dave.no matter what we think we can never win at any form of gambling..scratchies are the same as pokies..buy tickets but never win.I have removed all my pokies on the computer as well as I decided even though I am not spending money on them I am still playing so I have completely stopped any form of pokie playing..and I dont miss them either
pamela

Return to Hot Topics