" "

Thoughts? Tom Waterhouse - blurring the line between sports commentary and betting....

Discuss and debate the latest hot topics in gambling politics and media.

RE: Thoughts? Tom Waterhouse - blurring the line between sports commentary and betting....

Postby Al3 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:26 am

I know this is probably me being captain obvious, but I think by being louder and as overexposed as he was (until he sold his company, anyway) he was being a bigger problem than the other online bookies - more exposure in his case means more people being exposed to the myth that gambling can be "fun" and people can actually win money by doing it
Al3

RE: Thoughts? Tom Waterhouse - blurring the line between sports commentary and betting....

Postby Angelina. » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Dear Al,

Yep, couldn't have said it better myself How are you anyway? And let this be a formal welcome to our online community as well. So, I am curious to know how you became so knowledgeable or opinionated on this topic ?

They are all parasites as far as I am concerned!!!

Stay strong!

Angelina
Angelina.

Re: Thoughts? Tom Waterhouse - blurring the line between spo

Postby Erica  » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:58 am

Hey everyone,

I'm a student journalist researching live-betting for an article i'm writing. I'm focussing on William Hill's (or Tom Waterhouses) new feature that allows punters to place a bet up to 20 seconds after the race has started.

I know it's a long shot but I'm after someone who has been affected by sports-betting apps such as William Hill or Crownbet and feels that the simplicity of using these methods is dangerous. If anyone is interesting on commenting on the matter i'll email you through a short list of questions or organise a quick phone interview. The article will be published but you have the option of remaining anonymous.

I'm under the pump from my editor as my deadline is Thursday morning however I thought it was worth a shot!

Kind regards,

erica.jolly1@gmail.com

If interested you can view some of my published work here: http://www.upstart.net.au/?s=erica+jolly
Erica 

Previous

Return to Hot Topics