" "

Mobile Apps

Discuss and debate the latest hot topics in gambling politics and media.

Re: Mobile Apps

Postby Dave68 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:53 am

Not really sure, and maybe being an older person (47) i really find apps awkward and confusing, plus i don't want to run the risk of using any excess data. My vice was pokies and playing online on the desktop. It may be just me, but despite a plethora of gambling ads with bookmakers and even online ones saying ;use our app' as such, i've never had the inclination to use my smart phone to do this.

Strange, but it might be just being conditioned to sitting down, like at a poker machine, and being on the desktop replicates that.

Insofar as trying to delete the apps and avoiding the incredible saturation coverage of ads that tell you to use our apps and such, not really sure. But others on here may know more than me. What it does show is that gambling comes in all manner of ways, and each way can be a vice to many people. It's all the same in one sense, getting us to part with our money. That's something we're all now endeavouring to cease doing. Good luck with that anyway JColin.
Dave68

Postby GameChanger (facilitator) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi JColin,

Thanks for your query, which is an important one, especially when online gambling is the issue.

If you have iPhone, it is possible to adjust the settings/ general/ restrictions/ websites and change 'allowed websites' to 'limit adult content', then add a website to the 'never allow' category. It's always good here to add in all the gambling related websites you'd typically visit. Then ask someone else to set a passcode that you don't know.

If you're using an android phone, then there are products on the market that can restrict access to gambling related websites. Examples of these are 'netnanny', 'gamblock' and 'betfilter'. Each one comes with a cost, and also have products available for your desktop computer too, but come at an expense to purchase.

Hope that helps.
GameChanger (facilitator)

Postby Charlotte (facilitator) » Tue May 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi Sabung,

Are you a new member to this forum? Good on you for getting involved and reflecting on your gambling. I hope you find the forum a helpful space to find some answers to questions and hear about other people's journeys with gambling addicition.

Regards,
Charlotte
Charlotte (facilitator)

Return to Hot Topics