" "

June Update

Discuss and debate the latest hot topics in gambling politics and media.

June Update

Postby BrittV (facilitator) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:27 pm

Welcome to our first monthly update!

I thought it could be a great idea to start doing a rundown of what’s been going on in the forum each month. There are always so many diverse things happening in the community, it might be nice to highlight some great things going on and to easily navigate the action.

First I just wanted to introduce myself to you all.
I know I’ve spoken to a few of you in the past weeks but I’m the new community manager here on the forum. I’ve really enjoyed coming into this – I’m so impressed by everyone’s courage and support, and am lucky to work with such a great team of facilitators! Big thank you to everyone who has made me feel so welcome here and shared info/ideas with me, much appreciated!

New contributors -
Warm welcome to this month’s new contributors - Ad, Coxy84, LOSER1973, happyfeet, Lexie, Leabron, June44, Jst123, Tal199, Helplessresentfulhatemoney, 12121266
Also wanted to note a warm welcome back to two members who are acing gamble free life! Thank you both very much for checking back in with your inspirational stories
    FamilyFirst, over 16 months gamble free, in his Clean thread.
    StopPunt, 1 year and 103 days gamble free, in his 100 day challenge thread
Popular this month -
These threads have been trending this month, and follow the journey of three of our very courageous and caring members.
Recently many members have mentioned looking for new pass-times to try out. The Activities to do instead of gambling thread is a great place for this, and it would be awesome to see everyone sharing some ideas there. You can also always start a new thread under Strategies for change as well if you’d like to start a discussion around a specific hobby.

Quotes -
While there’s been so much awesome support going on, I think that these are particularly inspiring quotes from this month! Thankyou both!
    “There comes a time on this journey that you have to let go of past mistakes and start looking toward to future you are building. We all have regrets but if you keep banging up against them you'll never get anywhere… Dig in those heels and when the urges hit, just take a minute, think about how far you've come and what you are truly fighting for, Freedom.” - Jinxywolf

“It's tough trying to give them up but the rewards are great..self dignity for one
    All of you who are still struggling with this demon,please dont give up the fight..become stronger and fight . Life is better gamble free” - pamela

A small admin note is Ben’s message from the 100 day Challenge, that their external website has changed. But please know our 100 Day Challenge forum thread is still alive and well, with no changes. Whether or not you use the external site, you are always welcome in our thread :) .

As always we are here to make this forum as helpful for you as possible. We welcome new ideas, questions and feedback.

Take care,
BrittV
BrittV (facilitator)

Re: June Update

Postby Springhope17 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:25 am

Thanks for the first monthly update BrittV.
Springhope17

Re: June Update

Postby pamela » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:10 am

That's a great update keeping us all together with our achievements and knowing you are keeping up with us and taking a real interest
pamela

Return to Hot Topics