" "

Try writing a list

What are some strategies when trying to quit or cut down? What works for you?

RE: Try writing a list

Postby Richard6 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Hope you stay away from gambling Brad.All gambling does is makes us upset and angery at ourselves.

You are right that you do start from the beginning when you start gambling ie money you have saved is lost etc.

I now realise that the gambling industry is filthy to be involved in. I really hope that you decide to quite as it will take you to lows that you have never been before.
Richard6

Postby Robin1 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:08 am

Thinking of trying this method of yours as well. Hope it helps this time.......as I've had too many relapses. The last time I quit was for approx 8 months and once you're in you are in again. Just 2 months has passed by since I started again and can't stop
Robin1

Postby Noah (facilitator) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi Robin, Welcome to the forum! I'm Noa one of the facilitators here. Did you end up trying the list idea?? How did it go? Keep in touch
Noah (facilitator)

Postby Richie » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:11 am

Hi all. I have gone over fifty days now and not gambled at all. Mainly I attribute this to The two lists that I made out which I read once every morning when I wake up.
Richie

Re: Try writing a list

Postby Gretchen » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:59 pm

All the above mentioned recommendations are indeed awesome. However, to feel happier at work, you'll need to follow some easy steps described at http://skywritingservice.com/blog/20-tips-how-to-feel-happier-at-work. You'll find yourself much more happier.
Gretchen

Re: Try writing a list

Postby Charlotte (facilitator) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi Gretchen,

welcome to forum and thanks for the link. They are indeed useful recommendations as being happy at work is likely to reduce gambling urges. Is this your experience? Can you tell us more about that?

All the best,
Charlotte
Charlotte (facilitator)

Previous

Return to Strategies for Change